Bilbao is the Basque Country’s biggest and busiest city. It is a thriving cultural metropolis. The famous Guggenheim Museum has secured Bilbao´s position on the international stage
Visit one of the most vibrant cities in Spain. This once industrial motor of Spain which supplied iron and steel to the rest of Europe has undergone a massive rejuvenation and is now considered a world class cultural centre. The Basque Country’s biggest and busiest city, Bilbao is a thriving cultural metropolis where daytime and night-time entertainment abounds.
The famous Frank Ghery designed building, the Guggenheim, has secured Bilbao´s position on the international stage. The same can be said about the art work spread over 20 galleries. It hosts some of the most comprehensive collections of contemporary art.
Stroll along the banks of the Nervion River and arrive at the place where the city began in 1300. Enjoy the local atmosphere while sipping traditional Basque drinks and savouring authentic Basque ‘pintxos’. Meander through the Seven Streets and witness the important point of transit (Cathedral of Santiago) that pilgrims used for centuries to get to Santiago de Compostela.
Enjoy the lively ambiance of Plaza Nueva, see the replica of the Paris Opera House here in Bilbao (Theatre Arriaga), and bear witness to the incredible user friendly infrastructure that has made Bilbao a sought after example for urban planners and strategic smart city planning internationally.
Visit Bilbao Guggenheim museum with an expert tour guide. Discover the great building designed by Canadian Frank Ghery with its permanent collection and temporary exhibitions.
The tour of the Guggenheim museum consists of three parts:
First, the historical context and reasons why the foundation came to Bilbao.
Second, analyses of the architectural features design by architect Frank Ghery.
Third, masterpieces of the permanent and temporary art exhibitions.
• Bus/Coach picks you up and drops you off in Biarritz.
• Biarritz to Bilbao travel time approx 1h45mins
• Tour guide meets you on your arrival in Bilbao.
• Free-time after the Tour in Bilbao, before you return to Biarritz.
• A guided tour makes for a personal way to discover Bilbao.
• Enjoy spectacular views of the Basque Country and Pyrenees en route
• Take a walking tour of one of the most vibrant places in Euskadi.
• Discover why Bilbao became the site of the Guggenheim Museum
• See the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions.
Enjoy a guided tour of Bilbao and the Guggenheim Museum. Join a local guide on a tour that takes you through the history of Bilbao. Visit the Guggenheim Museum and the permanent and temporary exhibitions. Bilbao is the Basque Country’s biggest and busiest city and is a thriving cultural metropolis. On this tour you will visit the iconic Guggenheim Museum designed by Frank Ghery and visit the permanent and temporary art exhibitions.
• Transport from Biarritz to Bilbao and return Bilbao to Biarritz.
• Guided walking tour of Bilbao and the museum (17€ per person entry is additional).
• Hotel pick-up/drop-off in Biarritz.
• The services of a professional tour-guide.
What’s Not Included
• Food and drinks.
• Tips (optional).
• All other extras.
• Entry ticket to Guggenheim Museum: 17€ per person.
• Every day (excluding exceptional dates).
• Duration: All day in Bilbao.
• Departure point: Biarritz.
• Language: tour commentated in the English language.
• Reserve/book your tour/group at email@example.com.
• Guided tours are subject to availability on the reservation date/s desired.
• Booking terms and conditions are provided upon receipt of reservation enquiry.
• Advance/early booking recommended/limited availability and booking capacity.
• Restricted bookings on Sundays and certain Bank Holidays
• Booking request must be made by email.
• Reserve/book your tour at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Booking deposit of 50% required to confirm any/each reservation.
• Remaining 50% payment required 60 days prior to departure of Tour.
• Payment via PayPal, or by direct bank transfer in certain circumstances.
• In the event Operator cancels tour, Operator’s liability is limited to refund of payment received.
• Operator will do its best to assist Customer with finding an alternative option.