Lourdes, a world bastion of spirituality, welcomes over 6 million visitors from over 140 countries every year. With 189 hotels, Lourdes is the second biggest hotel town in France.
The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes
Explore Lourdes with a professional guide. It is to Bernadette Soubirous that the city owes its celebrity. Discover the city called ‘miracles’; the Apparitions Cave; the sanctuaries and their 22 places of worship; the Boly Mill Bernadette’s birthplace; Le Cachot, the former prison; the parish church, the former presbytery; are a must. For an amazing panoramic view of Lourdes, Tarbes, Pau, the Argelès Gazost valley and Pyrenean summits, the century-old funicular takes you to the summit of the Pic du Jer. A walking path leads to the observatory offering a 360 ° panoramic view.
• Bus/Coach picks you up and drops you in Biarritz.
• Biarritz to Lourdes travel time approx 1h40mins
• Tour guide meets your bus-coach on your arrival in Lourdes.
• Free-time after the Tour in Lourdes, before you return to Biarritz.
• Hear the history of events that have shaped the history of Lourdes.
• Learn the history of Bernadette Soubirous, The Marian apparitions, and Lourdes.
• Visit Lourdes’ iconic sites, the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes, 3 basilicas, Grotto of Massabielle
• Get tips on the best things to see and do in the city during your stay.
• Enjoy some of the best views of Lourdes and surrounding countryside.
Lourdes and the Sanctuary
Learn about the Marian apparitions of the Virgin Mary. Follow in the footsteps of Bernadette Soubirous, visit 3 basilicas and Grotto of Massabielle that attracts pilgrims in search of a cure.
Visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes; see the miracle water taps around the grotto. Learn the history of the 18 apparitions of the Immaculate Conception of 1858, Visit the Underground Basilica, which accommodates up to 22,000 pilgrims. Experience the unique atmosphere that makes Lourdes so special.
• Transport from Biarritz to Lourdes and return Lourdes to Biarritz
• Guided walking tour of Lourdes and its history
• Pick-up/drop-off in Biarritz
• The services of a professional guide
What’s Not Included?
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• Every day (excluding exceptional dates)
• Duration: All day in Lourdes
• Departure point: Biarritz
• Language: tour commentated in the English language
• Reserve/book your tour/group at email@example.com
• Guided tours are subject to availability on the reservation date/s desired.
Above: Lourdes from the Pic du Jer. | Below: pilgrims at the sanctuary
• Full booking terms and conditions are provided upon receipt of reservation enquiry.
• Advance/early booking is recommended due to limited availability and booking capacity.
• Restricted bookings on Sundays and certain Bank Holidays
• Booking request must be made by email.
• Reserve/book your tour at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Booking deposit of 50% required to confirm any/each reservation
• Remaining 50% payment required 60 days prior to departure of Tour.
• Payment via PayPal, or by direct bank transfer in certain circumstances.
• In the event Operator cancels tour, liability is limited to refund of payment received.
• Operator will do its best to assist Customer with finding an alternative option.