Visit the Shrine and Basilica of Loyola and see the house where Loyola was born, the Saint Ignatius Tower. Learn about the history of the founder of the Jesuits.
Sanctuary of Loyola
LOYOLA is the birth place of St. Ignatius to Loyola founder of the Jesuit Order. The Cantabrian corniche en route offers spectacular views with limestone cliffs dropping vertically to the ocean, coves, beaches, and charming fishing villages that follow one another along the wild coastline.
Follow in the footsteps of St. Ignatius to Loyola, in a monumental complex built between the 17th and 18th centuries. Visit The Holy House, the life and conversion of the Saint; The Basilica, The Prayer Space; the Spirituality of St Ignatius and the history of the Order.
En route enjoy the little port of Getaria, Mount Jaizquibel, Zarautz, and Hondarribia.
• Bus/Coach picks you up and drops you in Biarritz.
• Biarritz to Loyola along corniche travel time approx 1h00.
• Walking Tour guide meets/joins bus-coach in Biarritz.
• Free-time in Loyola, and villages, before your return to Biarritz.
• Hear the history of events that have shaped the story of Loyola.
• Visit Loyola’s iconic sites, the Holy House, the Basilica, and the Prayer Space
• Get tips on the best things to see and do in Loyola during your stay.
• Enjoy some of the best views of Loyola and surrounding countryside.
The basilica is located right in front of the old Loyola’s family house, where St. Ignatius of Loyola was born. Visit the “conversion chapel” (capilla de la conversion), where Ignatius had a God experience and decided to follow Jesus, founding the Jesuit Order years later.
Sanctuary of Loyola
• Transport from Biarritz to Loyola and return Loyola to Biarritz
• Guided tour of Loyola and its history
• Pick-up/drop-off in Biarritz
• The services of a professional guide
What’s Not Included?
• Snack and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• Every day/Subject to availability (excluding exceptional dates)
• Duration: All day en route and in Loyola
• Departure point: Biarritz
• Language: tour commentated in the English language
• Reserve/book your tour/group at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Guided tours are subject to availability on the reservation date/s desired.
Walking Tour guided groups are limited to minimum of two persons
Each participant pays their respective share inadvance.
To reserve/book your tour/group contact email@example.com
(Pricing based on 2022 tariffs at time of publication)
Other Full Day Excursions
Group sizes available are 1-7 persons, 26-32 persons, 33-51 persons, 52-61 persons.
These and larger groups size prices available on request to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Booking terms and conditions are provided upon receipt of reservation and enquiry.
• Advance/early booking is recommended due to limited booking capacity.
• Restricted bookings on Sundays and certain Bank Holidays
• Booking request must be made by email.
• Reserve/book your tour at email@example.com.
• Booking deposit of 50% required within 15 days of reserving.
• Remaining 50% payment required 60 days prior to departure of Tour.
• Payment via PayPal, or by direct bank transfer in certain circumstances.
• In the event Operator cancels tour/liability is limited to refund of payment received.
• Operator will do its best to assist Customer with finding an alternative option.